Monday, January 14, 2013

6 Months

Saturday, January 12, 2013 marked 6 months that I've been on this blogging and weight loss journey.

On July 12, 2012, I posted my first Thick Thursday weigh-in at 190 pounds.

The very next day I wrote a post on my Gameplan to lose the weight.
-- I mention how I'm going to walk twice a day. And how I wanted to start back to running but didn't know if I could do it! :)
-- I mention how at some point "in my life time I totally want to do a 10K, Half Marathon, and Marathon...I totally wanna be one of those people with the "13.1" and "26.2" stickers on the back of their car"
-- I mention cleaning up my eating.

6 months later, I am weighing in at 162
That's a loss of  28 pounds!
6 month progression pic!

In 6 months, I thought I would have lost a lot more.
But I haven't. 
And I'm ok with that.
I've struggled.
I've plateaued.
And most recently, I've gained. (Thank you, Holidays!!)
But. I. Lost.

6 months later, I am running 4-5 days a week at 9 and 9:30 minute miles


6 months later, I am training for a half marathon!
As well as having 2 5Ks under my belt in this 6 months-time.
And looking at (at least) 3 more 5Ks, 2 10Ks and possibly another half.
All in 2013.
(Can't wait to post the pic of that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car!)


Clean eating has been the biggest struggle.
But I'm making choices to eat better more often than not.
Does that mean I don't ever succumb to horrible eating habits?
Uh, hell to the no!
But the important thing is that "more often than not"

I am super stoked about the progress I've made and the progress I continue to make.

In looking back on my earliest posts, I not only got to see the progress and goals that have become reality.
I also got to see and was reminded of YOUR encouraging and kind words and comments along my journey.
For that...I am truly grateful.
Love how all my "blog hoes" were the ones encouraging on my Instagram post!
Thank you doesn't even cover my gratitude, but it will have to suffice.
Thank you for your support, encouragement, belief in me and your praises.
Thank you for the accountability and the motivation.
Thank you for continuing to do all of these things for me.
Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Kyra! Look how amazing you look compared to 6 months ago! You are an inspiration to me! Bea-Utiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such an amazing job! I can agree with you and say that the motivation from other bloggers helps tremendously. Aren't they a great group of girls? Congrats on the pounds you lost, you look amazing! And congrats on half marathon training too. You're gonna rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing amazing girl!!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rocking those 9 minute miles - go girl! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete