Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Year Today

July 11, 2012 was the first time I ever hit "Publish" on a post in Blogger.

I really had no gameplan set for this blog and my weight loss.
All I knew was that I came across Mama Laughlin's blog through Pinterest and it affected me to my core.

I was at a point in my life where I was constantly yo-yo-ing between 190 and 198 pounds and I needed to get serious about losing weight.
I was unhappy with myself and hated what I saw in the mirror.
But I was also unmotivated.
I wanted an easy, fast, and painless effort to melt the pounds off.
I was lazy.

May 13, 2012 - My first Mother's Day

I am a huge believer, in that, in order to really lose the weight and get healthy, YOU are the only one that can do it for YOU.
You have to want it bad it enough.
When it clicks, it just clicks.

After the constant back and forth in the 190's and not really getting anywhere, Mama Laughlin's posts came at the perfect time.
I stayed up way too late one night pouring over each post and bawling.
This post, in particular, resonated in my soul and it just clicked for me.

After 9 long post pregnancy months, I decided I was sick of this weight and needed to make a change.
A real change.

June 22, 2012 - My son, Royce was officially 9 months old!


ML talked about how some days she didn't want to work out or eat right or just blow it, and it was the people that read her blog that motivated her, held her accountable, and complimented her.
I knew I needed that.
I needed accountability.

So, to show how serious I was, I started this blog!
Thus starting on my healthier journey.

I started out walking in the mornings and the evenings.
Which then turned into downloading the Couch to 5k app.
Which then turned into running 3 miles straight without stopping.
Which then turned into training for and completing a Half Marathon...


 
I started out doing the occasional jumping jacks, pushups, crunches, lunges...
Which then turned into turning on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
Which then turned into the occasional lifting weights.
Which then turned into strength training 4 times a week...



I started out cleaning up my eating.
Which then turned into downloading My Fitness Pal.
Which then turned into learning about all the healthier options out there.
Which then turned into making healthy eating a lifestyle...

And with all of these combined, it turned into me losing 45 pounds in this past year!!!

As I look back over this past year, I can remember starting out and feeling like I'd never get to where I am today.
With each slow pound lost and each plateau, I could only dream one day I would start to feel comfortable in my own skin.
I would get down that my progress was slow...
But I would NOT get defeated!!


This was my mantra for a loooooong time.
It helped me to keep on keeping on.
It made me realize that I couldn't just quit because I didn't lose 45 pounds in one month.
If I just said "Screw it" after each week of only 1 pond lost or plateauing for weeks at a time you know where I'd be today?!?
Still at 190-198 pounds.

That's truth, people!!
Don't stop when you don't see results.
PUSH HARDER!!

I'm not where I want to be in terms of what the scale tells me.
I'm 5'3 and weigh in anywhere from 145 - 150 these days.
BUT I feel really good about how my clothes fit, how I look and how I feel.
That, to me, is what defines my journey, not a number on the scale.
I took my measurements this morning and compared them to a year ago.
I lost 30 1/2 inches overall!!!
That is just craziness to me!!
So I'm VERY pleased with where I am at today.

Take a walk down memory lane with me, if you will, over this past year...

July 12, 2012 - 190 pounds
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013

Today, July 11, 2013

And just because we all love some B&A's...



Not only have I accomplished (and still accomplishing) what I set out to do with this blog...
I have met some amazing people and friends.
Something I had not planned on doing.

Sure, I wanted people to read and help hold my chubby self accountable.
But I hadn't anticipated meeting some pretty spectacular friends while doing so.
For that, I am truly grateful!
I really cherish YOU for your words of encouragement, your strong advice, your constant challenges and your inspiring efforts!
I have honestly enjoyed getting to know some of you on a more personal level.
And it is my honor to call you a FRIEND! (Even if it is labeled as a BBF...we'll all meet one day, I'm sure of it!)

My, what a year it has been!!
And here's to the next year of being Stronger, Faster, Farther...
(and the next, and the next, and....)

24 comments:

  1. Girl, I am so so proud of you. It takes a lot to be able to not only START, but keep on doing it! You have come such a long way and it's so admirable! I'm thankful to call you my BBF!
    Also, I'd love to read a post in the beginning days of your running, what was going on in your head, and why made you push farther and run more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so inspiring! And I never knew just how much weight you lost...your B&A is great! Keep on keepin on gf, you are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you and all that you've accomplished! You inspire so many including me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! You are an inspiration to me thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off you are really inspiring, and have done a awesome job! Seeing your post on Mama Laughlins fit camp group, and reading that you do races in PA, which is where I am moving to from Mississippi at the end of the month. (We are moving to Shermans Dale. Close to Carlisle.) I am pretty excited to follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! I have read your blog since day one and I love every post. I am always inspired reading your posts and following you on instagram. I feel like you were born to run, it seemed like you went from walking to flying! I can't wait to see what you accomplish in the next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. as a 5'3" 195-205 lb girl this post REALLY hit home for me. your transformation is incredible and proof that hard work does pay off. Thanks for that, I think I'll go for a walk now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your success! I thank you so much for posting this. I need to lose about 20 pounds and I am just waiting for it to click with me. I can work out hard and consistent, but I struggle with my eating. Do you have any tips for making good food choices and saying NO to bad food? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing!!! I am so proud and happy for you! You seriously look like a different person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! So inspiring and look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What a transformation! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl you are soooo incredibly inspiring!!!! I love it!!! I started my journey july 9th last year and had lost over 30 lbs but recently gained some back, but i have been on it lately and you have really inspired me to keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is incredible! You have done an amazing job and are so inspiring!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing! Way to go and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely amazing :) So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy blog-iversary, and congrats on your INCREDIBLE transformation. I'm so happy for (and proud of) you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post! I'm anxious to hear how your running for 12 months went? You look so great mama, which is hard for us mamas to do while taking care of our little ones. So blessed to have met you on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhh, sissybabes!!! I am so unbelievably proud of you and all that you have accomplished! In the scheme of life, one year is such a small period of time, and looking back on all that you have done, you seem to have made the impossible very possible! You inspire me, and I am truly blessed to have you as my sister and best friend! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing girl - you should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great story! I hope I can do all this once I am not pregnant anymore. I also love that as you got skinnier, you started dressing up more....I can't imagine that I would do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my first time reading your blog, but I'm excited to go back in time and read from the start. Great job on your weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete