Thursday, June 27, 2013

(workout) Life Lately

Hey y'all!
I'm gonna go ahead and blame my out-of-touch-ness on the summer!
It's hot as hell nice out so the last thing I want to do is be inside, in front of electronics.


I'm so out of touch with what's going on in the social media world and I miss you guys! :)
I've even found myself going days without getting on Instagram! (GASP!! Say it ain't so!!!)
We have a 7-8 hour car ride coming up tomorrow, so I'm hoping to spend a lot of that time catching up on reading blogs.
So allow me to apologize in advance if you get several comments from me on several different posts all at one time!
And pray my husband leaves me alone on "using up all the data...blah blah blah!" :)
He's just jealous that he has to drive and I can scour my phone!

Let's move on, shall we?

I feel like I haven't talked about running in quite some time.
Or working out period.
But let me assure you that doesn't mean I've been slacking:
That is my workout calendar for the month of June thus far!

After I finished the #4MChallenge I had mentioned that I wanted to continue that "strength training" so I might do the 30 Day Shred again or look into Jillian Michael's other DVDs.
My BBF, Meredith suggested JM's Ripped in 30 so I went out and bought it.
I don't know if it's because it's a change from constantly doing the 30 DS or what, but I am LOVING this one!
I'm doing this about 4 or 5 times a week.


And running...My first love!
I run about 4 times a week and am averaging anywhere from 15-20 miles a week.
I'm still concentrating on speed work but have pretty much been doing all of that on the treadmill.
It's too dang hot to really push myself, outside!
Which is why I have switched to morning runs for any of my non high-intensity runs.
I've been averaging 9:30-10:00 minute miles for these runs outside.
Which I am 100% OK with.
This humidity is no freaking joke and I'm not going to push myself to passing out just to get a bombass time!
(I'll save that insanity for race days!) 

I've used these 3 treadmill intervals and love them all the same!

 This one I bumped the speed up 1 MPH for each interval to make it more of a challenge!





And I've recently just picked back up the mileage on Saturday's.
Since my half, I haven't done anything over 6.2 miles.
2 weeks ago I did 8 miles and this past Saturday, I did 9 miles.

It's crazy how I just got to the point where I was craving a long run.

During my half training, I felt so scared yet so accomplished as each week, I added on another mile to the long runs.
And now I'm running 8,9,10,12...miles just because I want to!
Who am I?!?!

It's also crazy to reflect back on my half training when I had that thought on every long run of
"Man, I don't think I could do a Full. I just can't wrap my head around running 26.2 miles"
And now, I'm thinking 26.2 miles doesn't seem so out of reach!
What?!?!? Seriously...WHO AM I?!?!

BUT...
that full may have to wait till 2014 or 2015.

See...first things first!
I have a Half Marathon time that I want to beat.
(2:19:28)
So, before this year, 2013, is over, I want to complete another half mary!
And then, after that, I wouldn't mind working on another bambino...
So, God-willing, a good chunk of 2014 could be otherwise preoccupied.
And I may be crazy, but I ain't crazy enough to train for or think I could do a full marathon while preggers.
So, depending on how all that goes, will determine my goal to accomplish a Full Marathon!
You heard it here first, folks!

And I'm contemplating participating in a Tough Mudder in October.

Never Ever have I EVER wanted to do one of those crazy things.
I don't need to prove I'm a badass by saying "Been there. Done that" to a Tough Mudder.

But that's why they say, "Never say Never."
My little cousin, Dustin, was diagnosed with Leukemia in December of 2010 when he was 11 years old.
Since then, he has had a rough road to remission.
Yes, he is in remission but still having to go through all the treatments in order to (hopefully) ward this terrible disease from his body for good!

Dustin's mom and siblings have created a team to participate in a Tough Mudder in honor of Dustin.
Their slogan: "If Dustin has the strength to kick cancer's butt, we can have the strength to conquer a Tough Mudder!!"
They have extended the invite to me and others to join "Team Dustin" and participate with them.
My slogan: "I'm scared shitless!"

I mean, come on!!
How can I say no to doing this when it's in honor of something very near and dear to my heart?
But crawling under barbed wire?
Trudging through ice baths?
Electric shocks?
Jumping over fire?
An obstacle called the Boa Constrictor?!?

What the EFF, dude?!?!

When I first got the invite, I felt I had to do it.
Not cos anyone was making me.
Because I wanted to do it.

But the more I let myself think about it, the more I second guess it.
Gah....please impart your wisdom to me!

Or rather, go here and then impart your wisdom to me!

I'll leave you with this quote I got in an email this morning cos I love it!
And because Bart Yasso is the one that said it!

"As a breed, runners are a pretty gutsy bunch. We constantly push ourselves to discover limitations, then push past them."

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! I totally forgot about your visit! But I love the way you "do" social media now. It would be nice to put the phone away for days and not get anxiety, hahaha. I might try that one out! That dang Candy Crush game has me sucked in now!
    I'm almost done with 30DS (2 more workouts). Then I'm doing RI30 for 3 ish days per week. I totally loved it too! And that is AWESOME that you crave those long runs and might do a full Mary! I am exactly how you described, scared but accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you are going to do the Tough Mudder!!! It scares me shitless too! FOR REALS! I think the Electric Shock is what scares me most. I don't know if I could hang girl! YOU GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I'm so jealous! I want to do the Tough Mudder SO bad, but I've only been able to dig up one other teammate! It looks like SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a blast! And training in the summer gets the best results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Whats a little mud? I hate obsticals always have and I did one! Seriously you can do it just tell yourself that when doubt creeps in :)

    ReplyDelete