Monday, June 24, 2013

The past 5 days

Oh yes!
This isn't just a weekend update.
This is an account of what's happened since last Wednesday.
Cos there's been a whole lotta good shit going on here lately.

I'm pretty good about keeping y'all up to date on Instagram (@kbeavtann)
But I know all y'all that don't have IG are dying to be in the loop too! :)

So let's get started, shall we?!?

My baby boy's first ever hair cut was scheduled for last Wednesday morning.
He's 21 months, so he went pretty long without one.
He had crazy curls and everywhere we went everyone always commented on them.
So I was hesitant to cut them!
But they were getting so long and crazy and ratty that I knew it was time.

I LOVE how cute he looks with his grown-up toddler hair cut!





Wednesday was also my 3 year wedding anniversary!
My husband SHOCKED the shit out of me by gifting me with this:
I have talked for awhile now about how I wanted one really bad, but I was prepared to ask for one for Christmas.
But, he scoured ebay and said he got a great deal.
And heck!! I am not complaining!


Thursday, our little town had an outdoor event called the "Affair on the Square"
(because it takes place on the town square)
Think: beer, food, and a band.

The hubs and I headed down there with Royce.
Royce has really grown to love music and get his groove on.
So he was quite a hit.
He danced and danced and walked all through the crowds.
At one point he went through the crowd high-fiving everyone he passed.
It was hysterical.
And I'm pretty sure more eyes were on him than on the band!

From the Affair on the Square, we headed to meet up with some of the people from the local "running group" I'm a part of on Facebook.
We had decided to do a very informal glow run following the Affair on the Square.
So we set out on a 3.25 mile run.
It was so much fun!!
Pre-Run
Post-Run

Friday, we had my in-laws over for shrimp kabobs and other grilling goodies.
And s'mores, of course!

Side note: I LOVE having the fire pit my boys got me for Mother's Day! I could sit out by it every night! So who's coming over for some beverages and s'mores and long talks around the fire?!?!


Saturday, I woke up and went for a 9 mile run!
I was super excited to get a good run in using the Garmin!
And it's crazy that I want to go out and run 8, 9, 10...miles.
And not because I'm training for anything.
Just because I want to!!
GAH!!!! I love running!

Then we dropped Royce off at my sister-in-laws and the hubs and I headed to Raleigh, NC for a little anniversary date.
We went shopping, ate sushi, watched the Hangover 3 and just had a great time just the 2 of us!

Sunday, I woke up bright and early and got a lot of stuff done around the house since I didn't have a little one following me around.
I picked up the bambino and came home to take a nap with him  
(I said I was up bright and early. I deserved a nap!)
And then we headed to a birthday pool party!





It's safe to say, I've just really enjoyed the past week!
And this week is looking pretty good too!
#ilovesummer

4 comments:

  1. I want a garmin soooo bad :) Im going to have to wait til Xmas though :) Sounds like you had a great 5 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the best week and weekend ever!! Can you just run FOR me?? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and I love that you have that Garmin! Glad you enjoyed your week girl. Wish I lived closer to come hang out at your fire pit girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby is adorable! I just found your blog :) I bought a new garmin similar to yours. Currently 31 weeks pregnant so its just gone on walks and I sure CANNOT wait to take it out for a RUN!! mmm smores:)

    ReplyDelete