My gracious and generous people gifted me some money for my birthday so I signed up for some races and got some running gear!!!
Here's the races on my calendar for 2013 thus far!!
1. Chambersburg Half Marathon (Mar.9) - This is the one I've been training for and I'm stoked and nervous all at the same time!!
2. Monument 10K (Apr.13) - This race is so big you have to sign up for which wave you want to run in. And if it's a wave under 62 minutes you have to prove, with a previous race time, that you can do it in the time frame you sign up for. I signed up for the 58:00 - 58:59 wave. I used my 5k time in November of 28:29. I'm honestly shooting for under 55 minutes. I just ran 5 miles in an 8:54 min average pace, so for this 10k, I want all of my miles to be 9 minutes or under. After the half in March, I'll tweak my training plan to work towards this. (more on that later, I'm sure!)
3. Richmond Color Me Rad 5K (Apr.20) - This is for pure fun! I am doing this with 3 of my girlfriends and they said they'd do it only if I promised to walk it! ha ha! I'm also now thinking of taking my son for this one too thanks to Ashleigh posting pics on IG of her and her husband with their 2 boys after the race.
4. Race Against Poverty 5K (June.7) - My good friend organizes this race back home and I've been wanting to do it for a few years now. I'm hoping to PR in this 5k (Current PR is 28:29 and I know I've done faster on my own since then)
5. Richmond Color Run 5K (Sept.14) - Totally stoked for this one! My cousin, Sarah is running it with me and she wants to run the whole thing, so my goal is to encourage and push her for this race!
I also got some compression pants courtesy of my dad and from my in-laws so I'm totally stoked!
I now have 3 compression capris and 2 compression pants!!
And I totally bought this hydration belt!
So the next day I put it up higher, like right under my boobicles. (Cos I knew it'd be safe there...my itty bitties wouldn't pose any danger of hitting it!!) And it worked perfectly! So I love it now!
We filed our taxes and with that money I definitely will be buying 1 or 2 Ruffles with Love
workout tanks. (Does anyone know if they still offer a discount on Mama L readers?!?!)
and some Bic Bands.
And then I'm pretty set on my running gear
I'm sure I've bored you up to this point, but I just want to share this:
I was breathing pretty hard when this was done and all I could think was "How in the world do people run 5k's, 10k's and half mary's at this pace?!?"
Anyway, I want to incorporate more stuff like this...hoping to increase my speed!
I was shooting for a 9:30 average pace, but one out of the 2 times that I stopped to walk/refuel took longer cos homegirl was sweatin! and had to take my jacket off so that ate up some time.
Still proud nonetheless!
I'm trying to work on not just posting about running.
But I was too excited about all this, so I had to!!
I'll try to switch it up every now and then for you bishes!