Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thick Thursday

I should title this one THRILLED Thick Thursday!

Weighed in this morning at 175!!


Arms:    14"
Chest:    38" {1 inch loss}
Waist:    40"
Hips:   41 1/2"
Thighs:   25"

If you're just joining us, YOU'RE LATE!!
:) I've lost 5 pounds since last Thursday.
And 15 pounds since beginning this journey 8 weeks ago!
My newest goal is to be 172 by my son's 1st birthday which is September 22nd.
I couldn't be more thrilled that I'm 3 pounds away from that goal!!

So what gives?!?
I haven't lost more than 2 pounds a week... Up until now!
Not to mention my plateau for about 2 - 3 weeks.

I asked for advice and everyone suggested upping my calories from 1200 to 1500.
Crazy to wrap your head around the idea of eating more when you're trying to lose weight, but I gave it a go!
I also eased up on the workouts...
Say what?!?! Eating more and working out less??
(This shit is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!)

With my popped out rib (if you missed that story, check it out here!), I went 2 days without working out at all to heal.
With that, I figured I'd better not push myself too hard too soon, so I decided just to finish the C25K runs I've been doing in the mornings. I only have 3 days left of that.
After that, I will finish doing just the 30 Day Shred and I have about 20 days left of that.
Then I will probably go back to just running....until it's snot-freezing cold....homey don't run in that shit!

So there you have it folks!!

5 comments:

  1. Kyra... Five pounds in one week? Pass those calories and lack of workouts over to me. :) Get it, girl... three pounds is nothing. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'm stoked! Did you have to do the crazy "prove to me you're not a robot" thing to leave your comment? I tried to take that out of my settings just for you! (and cos it's just annoying as shit!!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome, Kyra!! You should be thrilled, because that is awesome! Oh and um...this homie don't run in no snot freezing cold weather either! LOL fo' real tho... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I complete agree with the eating more thing... its crazy but works. I noticed that when I start working out harder, I am hungrier... so I eat more... but I have been consistantly losing... I think when you start eating so little and working so hard your body just tries to hold on to anything it can! Plus the eating more keeps me from getting burnt out on eating healthy and in 3 months I have no had any crazy binges! Its all a nice balance! .. Keep up the good work lady!

    ReplyDelete